Some criteria for choosing a good password:
- Chose the password which is difficult to remember if somebody looks at the password or the process of typing it.
- The password must contain letters of different registers and numbers. It is recommended to choose passwords longer than 6 characters. A random 4-character password can not be considered safe, it will be hacked pretty quickly. The optimal number is 10-12.
- Don't use passwords consisting only of personal information. No phones, birthdays, names, house numbers and documents or pet names.
For example, there are several good ways to create a password:
- Close your eyes and type on the keyboard a random sequence of characters. Such a password will be difficult to remember, but difficult to guess.
- Use a combination of several words that are joined in a random way, for example: pp # myidv $ gs (this password is better not to use)
- Use mixed passwords. You can take some word from mathematics, birthday, famous scientist and theory. Combine them into something like "emcnezem3".
Store passwordsd in a text file in the folder on your computer. Do not recommend using special programs or keep passwords in browsers, FTP clients and other software.